This was actually made sometime last week, but I was so caught up with everything else that I’m only posting it now.
But besides that, who doesn’t love donburi? Katsudonburi, chicken donburi, beef donburi, donburi galore! It’s also a really good meal since it’s easy and quick and has the basic carbs, vegetables, and proteins (I think?).
As usual, recipe and another picture behind the jump.
1 chicken leg quarter (includes thigh and drumstick)
~2.5 tablespoons of miso
0.5 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of oil
0.5 bulb of garlic
1. Remove the meat from the bone of the chicken and slice it into bite-sized pieces.
2. Mix and marinate in sugar and miso for as long as you can. Obviously, the longer, the more flavor.
3. Dice the garlic.
4. Fire up your pan and add the oil. As soon as the oil heats up, add the garlic and stir fry until it’s yellow, but not yet golden.
5. Add the chicken and stir fry until cooked. (I think this was about 5 minutes for me).
6. Top the chicken on top of cooked rice. I also added some shredded cabbage.
7. Drizzle honey on top.
8. Eat. : )
This recipe makes about two meals, so I separated the chicken into two servings. The longest part was probably separating the chicken and the bone and the actual marination, but I tend to forget about that as soon as I’m shovelling it into my mouth.