It was like I abandoned 食べ物 eXploZion eh? It’s been almost a month since my last post! But fear not! I will continue to spam you all with my posts!
My absence was mostly due to exams. I was up for hours playing solitaire hitting the books and studying. It was a hectic month for all students, but we’re finally done! -cheers-
I’m finally done with school, though, and I flew back home to “sunny” California! Ironically, it seems like I brought the rain in Michigan back with me, because we have rain for the next few days… But to celebrate the end of the dreaded finals period, I made biscotti!
It’s my first time ever, but they turned out fairly well (if a bit singed) I used the recipe from And then I do the dishes with some adjustments.
2 tpsp of coffee (I used the bottled Starbucks frap. because we had those lying around)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Beat the butter, sugar, and egg together until fairly smooth.
3. Add almonds (both types) and coffee.
4. Mix flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl, then add to the other mixture.
5. Mix everything until you manage to get it to gather and stick together into a ball.
6. Roll into a 16″ log and onto a baking tray. Put in oven for ~30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, take out the log and slice diagonally into about 0.5″ wide slices. Put back in oven for about 15 minutes.
8. Take out and let cool.